THE MURDER OF MISSY BEVERS
Terri Leann "Missy" Bevers
* Born- 8/9/1970 Graham, TX
* Married with 3 Children. (Married to Brandon Bevers. (1998) Daughters: Sarah, Allie, and Hannah)
* Parents- James Clinton Strickland and Norma Strickland
* Siblings- Clifford Strickland and Clint Strickland
* Studied to be a fitness instructor at the International Sports Sciences Association.
* She was the leader of Camp Gladiator Midlothian, A Boot Camp Style Fitness Class.
* Murdered- 4/18/2016 Midlothian, TX at Creekside Church of Christ she was 45 years old. She was found dead by her Camp Gladiator Fitness Class which was scheduled to begin at 5am. The class was scheduled to be held outside. But was changed to be inside due to rain. (According to Police)
* Her last FB message was to her class. “No excuses, you are Gladiators!,” “if it’s raining, we’re still training.”
* Bevers was killed by a man OR woman dressed in by what appeared to be something close to Black Tactical/Riot/SWAT Gear. The outfit appeared to be makeshift. The suspect was carrying a hammer-like tool which is consistent with the injuries Missy recieved prior to her death.
* Missy Bevers was found lifeless by some of her class members at around 4:30am on April 18th.
*Police say she was left with traumatic injuries that ultimately lead to her death. Multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest. An autopsy was completed.
* In a Press Release the Midlothian Police Department said the suspect forced their way into several rooms in the church. "Officers observed lots of broken glass on the floor." they said. It's unclear if anything was taken."
* The husband Brandon Bevers was in Mississippi at the time of the murder.
* Brandon Bevers believes the killer had a motive and knew Missy. He also believes the suspect to be a woman. He also added
‘I think it was a woman,’ he told the magazine. ‘I still think whoever this person was knew my wife and had a motive.’ He added: ‘There’s no reason why an individual would break into a church, dressed in that type of clothing and stage a robbery, or what would appear to be a robbery – going through the building, breaking glass and opening doors. ‘If that person was really there to commit a robbery, why did they kill my wife and leave her wedding ring on her finger?’
* On 5-4-2016 3 Search Warrants were released revealing she was facing financial and marital difficulties. One of the warrants indicated messages were recovered from phones owned by Missy and Brandon Bevers "indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified 'Target Numbers.'"
* From the data that was extracted police were provided with a list of potential persons of interest. 11 phone numbers for 9 people. Those 9 people are not considered suspects at this time.
"We don't have information that indicates the killer talked to any target numbers, nor do we have specific information to believe the killer video recorded the murder," said Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson.
* Detectives also identified another person who confirmed to police that he had engaged in a series of communications with Missy Bevers on LinkedIn starting around January of 2016 and that the messages were "Flirtatious and Familiar." Police said that forensic data extraction was performed on both his phone and Bevers' phone and that the communications appeared "Intimate in Nature" and that they had been deleted after the conversation was ended. (Identified as a Casey Williams)
T. Bevers = Terri Bevers
B. Bevers = Brandon Bevers
A. Tucker = AJ Tucker
C. Tucker = Courtney Tucker
K. Cozine = Kevin Cozine
M. Cozine = Michelle Cozine
R. Bevers = Randy Bevers, Father-in-law
V. Bevers = Vikki Bevers, Step mother-in-law
* Link to copies of actual warrants-ATT-Warrant-Dated-April-25
* According to police, Family and Friends initially investigated in the case are not considered suspects at this time.
* There is currently a $50,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment in the case.
* Missy apparently stopped her gym routine just a few weeks before her death. Bevers usually attended Anytime Fitness on a regular basis. But just a few weeks before her death her routine seemed to have changed. (According to the Gym Manager)
* In regards to her online presence, Friends and Family members seem to think she was acting "more reserved".
* 3 Days prior to her murder she received a creepy and strange message from an unknown sender to her LinkedIn account.
* Some ignorant low life(s) made a fake FB claiming to be Missy Bevers. They even sent friend requests to friends and family members of the slain fitness instructor. Hopefully the asshole(s) gets hit by an 18 wheeler while walking somewhere. Police have been unable to find the party responsible for the account. Investigators have stated that the account may have been a scam, glitch, or "joke".
* Missy Bevers' Mother in Law Marsha Essary Tucker wrote 2 letters to the killer:
A letter to the Murderer of Missy Bevers:
Terri Missy Bevers and her family
Creekside Church Of Christ in Midlothian
The Cowardly Fat Suspect:
A enhanced image of the Cowardly Fat Heffer
Midlothian Police Department Footage of the Cowardly Fat Suspect:
Vehicle Of Interest:
SWSA Sporting Goods Store
Midlothian Police at 972-775-3333
Ellis County Crime Stoppers at 972-937-7297