Murdered In Wilmington: Who Shot & Killed Jeanell Regina Bransford?



Murdered In Wilmington: Who Shot & Killed

Jeanell Regina Bransford?

I chose the case of Jeanell Regina Bransford as my "Getaway Case". I'm working on a huge project regarding Delaware's Missing Persons Cases. As well as another fairly large and informative entry on another Missing Persons case in Wilmington. I needed a quick distraction to help me think outside the box. I don't cover many murder cases even though my work is synonymous with Dorothy Jane Scott's case. I got the idea for this case from a tiny picture on a news article that talked about unsolved murders in Delaware. And I saw her smile. And decided to pick her case. There isn't anything online about this case. And the few things that are. Have her first name misspelled. 

Shurlock

"You could see on her face how much she loved people. She was always laughing-a very happy person."

Jeannine Johnson,

Jeanell's Aunt


Jeanell Regina Bransford

Born:

November 30th 1970

Birthplace: 

Wilmington, DE

Parents:

Thomas Bransford

Regina A. Johnson

Date of Death:

January 13th 1994

Age At Time of Death:

23

Place of Death:

Jamaican Inn Restaurant

(Since Closed)

402 North Van Buren St.

Wilmington, DE 19801

Siblings:

Thomas Bransford Jr.

Lynette Bransford

David Bransford

Christopher J. Anderson

Paul R. Anderson

Children:

Larry R. Bransford

Jeana R. Bransford


 

Details of Murder:
402 North Van Buren St. (Present Day) Jamaican Inn's Former Location

At approximately 1:30 am on January 13th 1994. 23 Year Old Jeanell Regina Bransford was exiting  the Jamaican Inn located at 402 North Van Buren St. in Wilmington when a fight broke out in the bar area. Janeall was in a crowd of around 125 people leaving when the fight erupted. An unknown gunman took out a 9mm hand gun and fired off 15 shots into the crowd. Jeanell was hit once in the chest. Law Enforcement still isn't sure who the intended victim was. But they are certain it was not Jeanell. It is unsure if the fight at the bar and the shooting are connected to one another. In 1999 Law Enforcement reported they obtained new information on the case. However, As of 2024. Jeanell's Murder remains Unsolved.









Analysis

I plan on emailing this breakdown to the Cold Case Unit of Wilmington. I have no idea if there was a description of a suspect. If anyone saw the shots being fired. If the fight and the shootings were related. I wish I had more answers and this case had more exposure.















Thanks for visiting! Come back often!