- Graver's bloc was described as "Hoodlum Dominated".
- Men who guarded Clem Graver with guns were suspiciously absent the night of the abduction. (YEP!)
- Graver's Brother in Law Harry Hochstein also suspiciously vanished right after Graver's abduction. Only to reappear soon thereafter. And wouldn't answer direct questions from the police.
- Hochstein stated at the time of the abduction that he was in the "Truck Rental Business".
- Graver's estimated salary was around $5,000 a year. But his actual take home amount was in question. He lived modestly but his bankroll seemed inexhaustible.
- On 2-6-52 Charles Gross, A Republican Committeeman from the 31st Ward was gunned down and killed.
- Graver's brother in law Harry Hochstein was one shady dude! He was actually involved in a kidnapping himself at one point.
- Hochstein was a known friend and cohort of none other than Al Capone. Granted, This was years after Capone had any relevance in Chicago. Capone died in 1947.
One Year Later- Corpus Christi Caller-Times 5-11-54
Police Re-Open Investigation (Terre Haute Tribune)
Clem Gravers Brother In Law